Since 1976, in Uzbekistan (1920) is prepared a bibliography of published books.
The first “Chronicle...”, came out in 1928 in the city of Samarkand. Currently, the “Chronicle of press of the Republic of Uzbekistan” covers all types of printed products onto the territory of the Republic, and has a monthly periodicity.
In the “Chronicle” are included books, pamphlets, articles from periodicals released during the month on the territory of the Republic.
“Chronicle of press of the Republic of Uzbekistan” is a monthly bibliographic index – consists of sections: “Book chronicle”, “Chronicle of journal articles”, “Chronicle of newspaper articles”.
“Book chronicle” informs about the issues of mass political literature, scientific monographs and collections of articles, scientific and popular publications, educational books for schools, educational publications for teachers, practical manuals, handbooks and dictionaries, belles-lettres, books for children and young people, media outlets, the Republican on STI bibliography-the benefits of the largest libraries of the Republic.
“Chronicle of magazine articles” reflects the articles, documentary materials, works of fiction from magazines. “Chronicle of magazine articles” do not contain information about articles from a mass and youth magazines for children, refereed journals. At the end of “Chronicle” is “an alphabetical index of the names of the magazines.”
“Chronicle of newspaper articles” reflects the most important materials of Republican Newspapers. At the end of “Chronicle” is “an alphabetical index of the names of the Newspapers.”
Since 2002, the index is printed monthly.
Today in the National library of the Republic of Uzbekistan n.a. Alisher Navoi chronicle of the press are published in the electronic version, and also there is access to the last and retrospective bibliography:
- Retrospective bibliography 1917-1975.;
The “book of record” for 1976-1990.;
The “book of record” for the years 1991-1999 (electronic version);
- The chronicle of newspaper articles 1976-1979;
- Journal Chronicles 1959-1977.;
- “Children's literature of the Uzbek SSR” (1951-1975). pointer books;
- “The pictorials of the Uzbek SSR” (1926-1964) retrospective bibliography;
- “Children's and youth literature of the Uzbek SSR” (1917-1950). pointer books;
“The collections of scientific works of the Uzbek SSR” (1917-1980) was a retrospective bibliography;
- “The works of composers of Uzbekistan” index of music literature (1890-1983.);
- “Works of the writers of the fraternal republics published in Uzbekistan in 1917-1981.”, State bibliographic index;
Electronic version (WORD, PDF):
The “book of record” for 1976-1990 and 1991-1999.; (PDF);
- “Chronicle of press of the Republic of Uzbekistan” 1978, 1980, 1990-1999, 2000-2014 (WORD, PDF)
- 1991-1999.; Yearbook (WORD, PDF)
“Chronicle of press of the Republic of Uzbekistan” is the essential bibliographic guide and reference material for workers of information-library centers, publishing houses, educational and research institutions, museums, and specialists in various sectors of the economy.
National library of Uzbekistan named after Alisher Navoi, the formation of the national bibliographic databases introduces users with the “Chronicle of press of the Republic of Uzbekistan” for the period 1978 ; 1980 ; 1990-2013 in electronic form (PDF).